Over the River and Through the Woods, Day 2

We took our time getting to Missouri yesterday, intentionally. We left our house in North Little Rock at around 7:30 am and picked Kathryn up from her slumber party.  Combined, between the three of us, we got about 3 hours of sleep.  I work nights, so my total was.. none.George was packing until 3 am so he managed a short nap and Kathryn had a typical night with giggly girls and so, she didn’t sleep much, either.

This made the five-hour drive very.. interesting. The lack of sleep resulted in all three of us being in bed and asleep by 8pm. I had personally not slept in 36 hours, and so slumber was unavoidable by that time. By the description of their day, there was no surprise as to why my inlaws were in bed that early, too.

We had managed to stop in Fayetteville, however, for a little shopping and some lunch with a lifelong friend of mine. During lunch, George received a phone call from his mom. Dad was being rushed to the ER. His blood pressure suddenly increased and he was breaking out into a sweat in waves.

We took our time on the second half of the journey, making a couple of stops on the way and arrived to our destination at about 4 pm, just as my in-laws got home from the hospital.

George’s dad was told that his aortic aneurysm had grown and that he had pancreatitis. This morning, he was rushed to the ER again because of a reaction he was having to some benadryl they gave him yesterday. At a follow-up appointment this morning, he was told that he is not allowed to go out on a boat this weekend. They need him where an ambulance can get to him, just in case. Unfortunately, ambulances don’t easily drive on water. He’s not even allowed to clean the house.  So, this changes our plans for the weekend drastically, but also saves us at least $14 on fishing licenses, I guess!

That’s OK. Today has been a much-needed lay around the house, cross-stitch, watch movies and of course, blog kind of day, anyway.

[nggallery id=1]


About gespurr

Emily was born in Southwestern Louisiana and has moved over 20 times in her life through nine different states. Most of her life was spent in the Twin Cities of Minnesota, where she met her husband and had her only child. Both she and her husband are also only children. She graduated from Stillwater (MN) High School in 1992 and from the University of Wisconsin in 1997 with a BS in Journalism. Three years later, she met her husband, George, and they married in 2002. Their daughter, Kathryn, was born early in 2004. She relocated with her family back to Arkansas in 2005 after being away for 30 years. She currently works as a customer service representative for an insurance company and lives in North Little Rock. When not taking care of her daughter she is either cooking, working, cleaning house, sewing, gardening, knitting, crocheting hiking, traveling or spending time with her husband.

Posted on July 29, 2011, in Miscellaneous. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: